Friday, April 1, 2011

Man saves sick horse with beer

Australia - Diamond Mojo, a six-year-old Australian waler, had been given up for dead by his owner Steve Clibborn after being struck down with a bout of potentially deadly colic. So, as desperate men do in desperate times, Steve turned to the bottle not for himself, but for his horse. “I had spent 23 hours straight with him but nothing worked and then I remembered an old bush tale that said you could feed them beer. “I don’t know whether I really believed it or not but it was worth a shot and as soon as he had that beer, he burped and perked right up. So I gave him another couple.” Over the following days, Steve repeated the dose using Queensland’s own XXXX lager until his prized endurance horse recovered.  More…

No comments:

Post a Comment